American School of Guatemala, 1995 – 2007, 2008-2015
Middle School Teacher: Language Arts, sixth, seventh and eighth grade; ninth and tenth grade Reading and Writing Workshop
- Plans, prepares and delivers instructional activities that facilitates active learning experiences.
- Differentiates instruction to meet the needs of all students in the classroom.
- Uses relevant technology to support instruction, including Google Classroom, Powerschool, Teenbiz Reading Program, Atlas Curriculum Mapping, iPads.
- Observes and evaluates students’ performances and development.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of students’ progress.
- Manages student behavior by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Updates teaching with developments in subject area, teaching and assessment methods.
- Participates in staff meetings, addressing concerns including student support, family relations, staff cooperation and community activities.
- Designs and develops curriculum for middle school Language Arts, aligned to meet Common Core State standards. Updates curriculum using the Atlas world-wide system.
- Leads the ELA department as Language Arts Liaison for the past ten years, including vertical and horizontal department meetings.
- Provides before and after school help for students who needed extra curricular support.
- Fosters parent involvement through regular communication and invitations to participate in classroom activities and events.
Valle Tutoring Center, Guatemala City, Guatemala,2009-2013
Owner, Executive Functions Coach & Tutor
- Worked with students aged 10 to 18 on specific subject areas or study skills.
- Created an Executive Functions course catered to each student focusing on time management, organization, planning, study skills and listening
- Administered diagnostic tests to evaluate students needs
- Communicated with parents and teachers to update them on student’s progress
- Worked with small groups, providing lessons on diverse subject areas.
- Trained staff and teachers for tutoring sessions, SAT classes and one-on-one tutoring
Terrace Community Middle School, Tampa, Florida, 2007 – 2008
NCLB-U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon School of Excellence 2007
Middle School Teacher: Advanced Language Arts, eighth grade